Whether you are looking for assistance with a short-term project to catch up on a scanning backlog, or a long-term scanning and indexing solution, selecting from the various medical record scanning companies can prove challenging. How do you know you are comparing apples-to-apples in terms of services? How do you know if they will be compatible with your existing systems and processes? How do you know you are getting the most out of your budget?
6 Questions to Ask When Vetting Medical Record Scanning Companies
- How can you meet my needs now, and how can your company partner in our long-range vision for the electronic medical record environment?
- What technology do you offer, or utilize, that can improve efficiency and quality in the medical record scanning process that we do not have access to in our current environment?
- How should I expect our total cost to be impacted as more documentation is created electronically, and less is created in paper form?
- How does your solution help us achieve stage seven of the HIMSS Analytics EMR Adoption Model?
- What references can I speak with regarding your solution?
- What EMR and EDMS vendors have you successfully integrated with?
If you are in the process of researching medical record scanning companies, we encourage you to contact EDCO® Health Information Solutions online or give us a call at 800.999.3456.